Migration Farm Requirements
If Transend is performing your migration as a service, and you will be creating the migration farm that will host Transend’s migration software, the following guidelines and specifications are required.
Minimum Hardware Specifications
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher
- CPU: 4 cores
- Memory: 16 GB
- Free Disk Space: 100 GB
- Machines can be physical or virtual
Temporarily disable anti-virus scanning, or set the following exclusions:
- Folders: C:\Windows\Temp, C:\ProgramData\Transend
- Processes: tmagent.exe, tmcd.exe, tmcmd.exe
Disable Automatic Reboots
- Windows Update: pause the installation of operating system updates for up to 35 days in the Control Panel
- Other patch management software: should be temporarily disabled to avoid system reboots while the migration is running.
Any deviation from these requirements may result in project delays and/or additional fees.