After 10 years with Microsoft, we decided to switch to Google Workspace. After a few failed attempts to migrate the mailboxes ourselves, we cut our losses and asked Transend to perform the porject for us. Everyone at Transend was quick to assist and get our data migrated without a hitch. They were professional, efficient and provided tremendous value. They saved us countless hours and we had zero down time during the migration. I highly recommend the team at Transend!
Reciprocal Capital partnered with Transend to migrate legacy email and documents as part of a broader server upgrade. Transend successfully completed the project on-schedule, and their excellent communication along the way provided real peace of mind. I can’t recommend their services highly enough.
Our company was facing a series of challenges by undertaking our email migration. With the clear planning, guidance, and execution of Transend’s team the project was painless. Several of our users have large and rather older data profiles which were easily brought to Microsoft 365. We couldn’t be happier with our experience provided by Transend. I heartily recommend the migration service.
London Aviation Underwriters
Run! Don’t walk to partner with Transend if you are considering moving to a new email platform. Our first email migration we did ourself was a nightmare, so the second time we prepared by partnering with Transend. They delivered as promised and provided clear communication during the process! All our email folders and messages were migrated quickly and cleanly!
Courteous Canine, Inc.
We were extremely impressed with the results of our Gmail-to-M365 migration. We couldn’t be more pleased. We spent over a year looking into various solutions to migrate not only our email accounts, but all of our 15+ years of email history. After initially talking with Transend six months ago, we were skeptical about how simple they made the process sound. We delayed our decision because we were worried about the problems we might encounter, not truly believing it could be pulled off without major problems and at least some loss of this critical communication channel for some period of time. However, Transend was confident in its process and technology…and proved it! Zero down time. Zero issues. We couldn’t have hoped for a smoother process. Thank you all.
After years of problems with my email provider (random sent emails were not received by my clients) I decided it was time to switch hosts. When I would reach out to my email host they would blame my internet provider. But after talking with the internet provider they put the blame it on the email host. After a couple of years I said enough is enough. So I started looking locally to find someone that could help me with the migration. With no luck locally, I decided to give Transend a chance. This decision turns out to be one of the best decisions I have made for my business! Their engineering team made the process so easy and pain-free. Transend migrated my email over to a M365 account and it has been working flawlessly ever since. If you are looking for a company to handle your email migration, I would look no further than Transend – you have come to the right place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Scope of Work
Express Migration Services include the following services within the Scope of Work:
- Dedicated Project Manager & Engineer
- Provide secure access to a dedicated Project Portal
- Provide guidance obtaining customer credentials
- Setup & provision target platform
- Register primary domain in target
- Provision user accounts
- Configure dedicated Migration Farm in secure AWS cloud
- Validate credentials and connectivity
- Software configuration & authentication
- Schedule Cutover and Production Migration
- If selected, perform Optional Services (Advanced Setup, Training (Admin & End-User))
- If necessary, pre-migrate data in advance of DNS cutover
- Update and validate DNS records (“Go live”)
- Perform data migration, including required delta jobs
- Validate results and confirm migration success!
The following Optional Services are not required, and must be selected during checkout to be included in your Scope of Work:
- Up to 2 hours of admin services related to platform setup, configuration and provisioning:
- Register additional domains in target tenant (perform DNS cutover for all domains)
- Note: registration of the primary domain is included within the general Scope of Work
- Manage user account settings
- Create/provision non-user objects:
- Groups/Distribution Lists, Aliases, Rooms/Resources, etc.
- Configure platform applications/services
- Configure policies (authentication, security, compliance, retention, etc.)
- Any engineering services not included in the general Scope of Work
- Register additional domains in target tenant (perform DNS cutover for all domains)
Note: if more than 2 hours of Advanced Setup service is required, please Contact Us.
Administrator training – 1 hour of admin training covering general admin features of target platform:
- Admin features of all email related services, including collaboration applications
- Setup/configuration of desktop software (i.e. Outlook) and mobile devices
- Add/remove users, create groups/distribution lists and other non-user objects
- Directory sync, etc.
End-User training – 1 hour of live group-based End-User training detailing best practices related to access and usage of target platform:
- Email, Calendar, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc.
- Identify best practices & workflow recommendations focused on workflow efficiency
Note: if additional Training sessions are required, please Contact Us.
General Project Details
Just because we’re migration experts, doesn’t mean we expect you to be! Express Migration Services are designed to support all types of users and organizations, including those with limited technical skills.
Your Project Manager will guide you through providing Transend with requested Customer deliverables (admin access to source/target, User List and (if necessary) DNS registrar credentials). In most cases that’s all we need. Once we have the requested credentials, we perform all the work from there.
We will set up your target environment, prepare you for the transition, update DNS records, and migrate all legacy data. We provide comprehensive training resources (documentation, recorded video and live sessions) for both administrators and end-users.
We will ensure all considerations are addressed so there is no downtime or disruption to end-users, and your transition to the new environment is seamless and hassle-free!
Once Express Migration Services are purchased, Transend can started right away!
All Customers will receive an invitation to their dedicated Project Portal within 1-2 business days. Within that Project Portal will be all relevant information and guidance needed to get started.
Most projects can be completed within 1-3 days from the date Transend begins the migration, although the number of accounts and amount of data in scope impact the timeline.
Your dedicated Project Manager and Engineer will be ready to begin right away, and with robust scalability and rapid throughput capabilities, Transend’s optimized technology supports a quick turnaround!
Cutovers are when you officially transition to (or “Go Live”) in the new platform, and all new incoming mail is routed to the new platform. Transend will communicate all relevant considerations leading up to the cutover, and will let you schedule a cutover date that meets your needs.
If Transend performs the cutover (Transend updates DNS records):
- Sunday – Thursday (3pm – 7pm US – Central Time).
- Migration processing will begin immediately after confirming mail flow into the target.
If Customer performs the cutover (Customer updates DNS records):
- After Transend receives confirmation from Customer the DNS cutover has been performed and email is flowing into the target, Transend will begin migration processing immediately during cutover hours (Sunday – Thursday, 3pm – 7pm US – Central Time).
Transend will request the following Customer To-Do Items, and will provide detailed guidance how to obtain each item:
- Admin credentials to the source platform
- Admin credentials to the target platform
- DNS registrar credentials (not required if Customer updates DNS records)
- User List
If admin credentials cannot be provided, end-user passwords will be required.
The following are not included in the Scope of Work (but can be added upon request):
- Any requested services that are not specifically defined as included in the Scope of Work (see FAQ above).
- Any migration functionality that is not specifically advertised by Transend.
- Any specific data fidelity requirements that are not supported by Transend software.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following services are not included with Express Migration Services:
- Migration of local email archives (i.e. files stored on local workstations) or archives stored in 3rd party archiving solution (i.e. Enterprise Vault, Barracuda, etc.)
- If you selected a local file (PST, NSF or otherwise) as your Source platform, then those archives are included in your Scope of Work
- Migrations between Exchange and Microsoft 365 when a 2-way sync with AD is configured in the source, requiring a hybrid migration approach (please Contact Us for details about how Transend can perform this migration approach with its Enterprise Professional Services team)
- Setup or migration of non-user objects (groups, distribution lists, aliases, etc.).
- Note: Non-user objects can be supported as part of Advanced Setup Optional Service.
- Pilot migration or testing (unless requested and selected as a custom Optional Service).
- Migration of end-user preferences (i.e. custom mail rules, policies, etc.).
- Licensing of target tenant, subscription or user accounts.
- Directory configuration or sync (unless requested and selected as a custom Optional Service)
- Email and calendar co-existence
- Software enhancements
The following Terms & Conditions shall apply to all Express Migration Services purchases through the Transend website (together with the purchase details, the “Agreement”). Transend will provide the Transend Services (“Services”) to Customer as defined during purchase and in the FAQs defined above (together the “Scope of Work”).
1. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
1.1 In the course of performing the activities contemplated by this Agreement, each party may disclose Confidential Information to the other party. The party disclosing Confidential Information is the “Discloser”, and the party receiving the Confidential Information is the “Recipient”. “Confidential Information” is information which is: (a) marked as “confidential” and disclosed in writing or in a visual presentation which is marked as “confidential”, or (b) disclosed orally and identified as confidential at the time of disclosure and then described in detail and designated to show its confidential nature in a written message sent to the Recipient within thirty (30) days after disclosure, or (c) email data belonging to Customer, the identity of Customer users and administrators, and (d) the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Confidential Information shall not include and nothing in the Agreement shall prohibit or limit either party’s use or disclosure of information (including but not limited to ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, and methodologies) that is: (i) known to or in the Recipient’s possession prior to receipt of Discloser’s Confidential Information, (ii) publicly (or become publicly) know or readily ascertainable through no breach of this Agreement by recipient; (iii) is rightfully received by the Recipient from a third party without a duty of confidentiality; (iv) disclosed by Discloser to a third party without a duty of confidentiality on/the third party; (v) is independently developed or learned by Recipient, or (vi) disclosed by Recipient with Discloser’s prior written approval.
1.2 Discloser is providing its Confidential Information to the Recipient solely relating to its performance under this Agreement, and those other parties with whom Recipient has written confidentiality agreements imposing confidentiality obligations no less restrictive than those contained in this section.
1.3 From the time Recipient receives Discloser’s Confidential Information until two (2) years after the termination of this Agreement, (the “Protection Period”), Recipient will protect the confidentiality of Discloser’s Confidential Information by using the same degree of care, but no less than a reasonable degree of care, to prevent the unauthorized use, dissemination or publication of the Confidential Information as Recipient uses to protect its own confidential information of a like nature. At the end of the Protection Period, Recipient’s obligations end.
1.4 If Recipient is required to reveal Discloser’s Confidential Information under a subpoena, court order or other operation of law, Recipient will provide, to the extent permitted by applicable law, reasonable prior notice to allow Discloser a reasonable opportunity to obtain a protective order.
1.5 Each Party warrants that it has the right to make the disclosures under this Agreement. EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED IN THIS SECTION, THE DISCLOSER PROVIDES CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
2. PROCESSING OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
2.1 Transend shall only process Confidential Information for the purposes of fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement and shall not process, transfer, modify, amend or alter any Confidential Information or disclose or permit the disclosure of Confidential Information to any third party other than in accordance with Customer’s documented instructions.
3. TRANSEND PERSONNEL
3.1 Transend guarantees that it shall treat all Confidential Information as strictly confidential and that it shall inform all its employees and/or contractors engaged in processing Confidential Information of the confidential nature of such Confidential Information. Transend shall take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any employee and/or contractor who may have access to the Confidential Information, ensuring in each case that access is strictly limited to those persons or parties who need to access the relevant Confidential Information.
3.2 Transend shall ensure that all such persons or parties involved in the processing of Confidential Information have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality.
4.1 Transend shall implement technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security of Confidential Information. In assessing the appropriate level of security, Transend shall take account in particular of the risks that are presented by processing, in particular from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Confidential Information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. The technical and organizational measures shall include in any case reasonable measures:
4.1.1 to ensure that the Confidential Information can be accessed only by authorized parties;
4.1.2 to protect Confidential Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorized or unlawful storage, processing, access or disclosure;
4.1.3 to identify vulnerabilities with regard to the processing of Confidential Information in systems used to provide Services to Customer.
5.1 Transend indemnifies Customer and holds Customer harmless against all claims, actions, third party or Supervisory Authority claims, losses, damages and expenses incurred by Customer and arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with a breach of this Agreement by Transend.
5.2 Customer is not liable for any damage or cost, either by contract or tort, towards Transend, except in case of gross negligence or willful misconduct.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.1 IN NO EVENT SHALL TRANSEND BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES. THE TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF TRANSEND ARISING OUT OF AND RELATED TO THE SERVICES WILL NOT, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF INCIDENTS OR CAUSES GIVING RISE TO ANY SUCH LIABILITY, EXCEED THE FEES PAID TO TRANSEND IN RESPECT OF THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THESE LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION OR BASIS OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7. PAYMENT TERMS
7.1 If not purchased through the Transend website, upon receipt of a signed Agreement, Transend will provide an invoice with payment due upon receipt of invoice. Transend requires proof of payment before project initiation.
Note: Invoices can be paid with a Customer check or wire transfer (in US dollars). Add USD $40 to the above price for wire transfer payment (the fees deducted by the banks). There is a 4% (US) or 5.5% (International) order processing/convenience fee for credit card orders (fees deducted by our bank).
8. CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES
8.1 Provide administrative access to all physical, virtual and logical systems required for migration (as requested).
- If administrative accounts cannot be provided, provide end-user passwords for accounts to be migrated.
- Transend can only migrate what it can read through admin authenticated API’s.
- If Customer’s source platform does not support a direct migration of select data types (i.e. IMAP does not support calendars, contacts or tasks) Customer is to provide Transend with an export of these data types in a file format Transend supports for migration.
- If Customer is unable to provide requested credentials, even after receiving general support from its Project Manager and following the directed guidance found in the Help Center, it may purchase Advanced Support for $250. Advanced Support includes dedicated consulting from a Transend engineer who will work with you (via telephone and/or screen share) to ensure requested credentials are obtained and the project can move forward.
- Transend assumes that Customers provide accurate credentials in the User List. If any account credentials are identified as inaccurate once the migration has been initiated (due to bad credentials, account not provisioned or licensed, etc.), those accounts will be skipped during the initial migration. Transend will notify Customer about the specific accounts that require remediation. When Customer provides updated credentials Transend will re-attempt to migrate the skipped accounts. If a 3rd attempt is required, the skipped accounts can be migrated by Transend (after account problems are resolved by Customer) at a follow-up migration fee of $350.
8.2 As necessary, ensure all recommended Performance Guidelines / System Requirements are met.
8.3 Customer has represented an accurate count of user accounts and data to be migrated. Any differences from those totals shall result in the following additional fees:
- Each additional mailbox and/or file repository above the amount specified in Scope of Work is $24.00 per user (or equal to the appropriate volume tier’s Professional (below 500 users) or Enterprise (500+ users) unit cost).
- Each additional GB of data above the amount specified in the Scope of Work is $10.00 per GB.
8.4 Any declined Optional Services are Customer’s responsibility.
9.1 Any accounts that fail Transend software validation (in source or target) will not be migrated as part of the original migration and may require additional fees to migrate as a follow-up migration if not remediated promptly.
9.2 Any accounts that Customer defines in the User List that are not provisioned or licensed in the target will be provisioned and/or licensed by Transend.
9.3 If any account credentials are identified as inaccurate once the Production Migration has been initiated, Transend will continue to migrate all accounts that successfully validate.
9.4 Any requested services that are not defined in the Scope of Work may result in additional fees.
9.5 Any migration functionality that is not advertised by Transend cannot be expected to be performed unless specifically identified in the Scope of Work.
9.6 Any specific data fidelity requirements that are not supported by Transend software are not supported without advanced notice and/or custom development services.
9.7 All timelines and expected project completion dates are estimates only, and can change at any time.
9.8 Rescheduling a cutover that has already been scheduled and confirmed by Transend may result in additional fees.
9.9 These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted for all purposes by the laws of the State of Nevada, U.S.A., without reference to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute, action or proceeding arising out of or related to the services or these terms and conditions shall be commenced in the state courts of Nevada. Each party submits to the personal jurisdiction and exclusive venue of such courts, and waives any objections thereto.
9.10 During the period that Transend is performing Services under this Agreement and for a period of one year following the expiration or termination of this Agreement or project completion, Customer shall not, directly or indirectly through a third party, refer for employment, solicit, or offer employment to any Transend personnel, without the prior written consent of Transend.
9.11 These terms and conditions, together with the Agreement, set forth the entire agreement of the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, with regard to the subject matter hereof, and may be amended only by a written instrument signed by both parties.