You may further scale the migration by adjusting the Concurrency setting in the Console. This tells the Agents how many user migration jobs to process in parallel.
For example, if you have 3 Remote Agent Machines and a Concurrency value set to 4, you will be able to migrate a maximum of 12 users at the same time.
It is recommended to start with a low value and monitor system resources (on the Console machine if migrating locally, or on the Remote Agent Machines if scaling the project across a network of machines) before increasing concurrency. If currency is set too high, system resources will be overloaded and migration performance will be compromised.
In general, the more CPU cores, the more concurrent migrations you can configure.
To adjust Concurrency, perform the following steps:
- In Transend Migration Console, click on File > Options from the top menu
- In the Concurrency – max parallel migration per machine field, enter the desired value
- Click the Save button
Note: You may increase or decrease concurrency while the migration is running, if needed.
Each license edition contain different concurrency restrictions:
- Personal Edition – max of 1 concurrent migration
- Professional Edition – max of 5 concurrent migrations per machine
- Enterprise Edition – unlimited concurrent migrations per machine (do not max out your network resources)